Affirmations to Support Stress Relief and RecoveryMay 28, 2022
Affirmations to Support Stress Relief and Recovery
Studies prove that positive affirmations help activate parts of the brain that are associated with self-related processing and reward. The same studies also indicate that positive affirmations can help build or restore self-competence. This means when you're feeling overwhelmed or experiencing triggering thoughts and situations, you can rely on these positive affirmations to rewire how you will respond to those situations.
Grab a sticky note and start posting these affirmations around your room, car, and office.
- I can start where I am.
- My purpose is clear even when details are uncertain.
- It’s okay if I don’t know; I can figure it out.
- I choose to adapt in ways that enhance my health
- I embrace accountability
- I set myself up with the right structure to succeed.
- I’m flexible with change.
- I use my voice to state my needs.
- I’m willing to do the deep work and it always pays off
- I am brave enough to be honest with myself.
- When previous fears return, I remember that I’ve made it this far.
- I acknowledge my daily victories, small and big.
- I have a growth mindset.
- I can handle complex situations.
- I feel comfortable and whole within myself.
- I focus my energy towards positive goals.
- I love being me.
- I am kind with myself.
- I am dependable and trustworthy.
- My values and my actions are aligned.
- My health is a valuable priority.
- I make time to move throughout my day.
- Making time to rest is just as important as moving.
- I enjoy making decisions that improve my health
- I prefer foods that nourish my body
- I’m clear about who I am
- I continue to develop and hone skills every year
- I create warm and trusting relationships
- I recognize which people see me authentically
- When things don’t go as planned, I feel competent at making adjustments
- I have space to care about others’ emotions and well-being
- I release the habits that create chaos in my life.
- I release reactions that create overwhelm.
- I gravitate toward peace
- I am cultivating real well-being.
- I quickly recover from disappointments
- I pay attention to the lessons I can learn from experiences
- I make time to learn about myself
- I am connected to many kinds of motivation
- Being optimistic helps me spot new opportunities
- My life is valuable and worthwhile
- I’m so proud of myself
- I value how I am feeling, and what my feelings are trying to tell me.
- I’m worthy and deserving of the highest good.
- I release the burdens of guilt, shame and self-criticism.
- I toss out any hints of self-sabotage.
- I embrace the story that things that can work out for me.
- I have the courage to admit mistakes
- I’m interested in being my best and making things right.
- I grow through shortcomings, accidents and failures.
- I’m building trust and a strong foundation.
- I have help and support on the journey.
- I’m claiming my power.
- I breathe through intense energy.
- I am at ease and confident in my skin.
- Setting boundaries for myself is healthy and respectable
- No is a complete sentence.
- Life improves as I heal and mature.
- I release stress in a healthy way.
- Stress is a temporary state I can change.
- My body knows the way home to balance.
- My body is safe to relax.
Affirmations by Alyson Stoner, Co-Founder of Movement Genius
REWATCH THE 'STRESS RELIEF FOR RECOVERY' CLASS WITH MONUMENT HERE: Youtube Replay
For over 300 Mental Health Resources & Stress Relief Routines, join Movement Genius for $10/month or save $40 if you join with an annual membership.
Stay in the know.
Sign up for our emails to find out about our monthly themes and new classes.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.