WTF is Internal Family Systems?Aug 07, 2023
Internal Family Systems (IFS) is a psychotherapy approach that views the mind as a system of parts, each with its own unique perspective and function. The goal of IFS is to help people access their Self, which is the core of their being and is characterized by qualities such as compassion, wisdom, and strength.
IFS can be used to support wellbeing in a number of ways. For example, the IFS approach can be used to:
- Reduce stress and anxiety: IFS can help people to identify and understand the parts of themselves that are feeling stressed or anxious. Once these parts are understood, they can be invited to communicate with the Self and to let go of their old patterns.
- Improve self-esteem: IFS can help people to develop a more compassionate and accepting relationship with themselves. This can lead to increased self-esteem and a greater sense of well-being.
- Resolve trauma: IFS can be used to help people to heal from past trauma. By understanding the parts of themselves that were affected by the trauma, people can begin to release the pain and suffering that they have been carrying.
- Improve relationships: IFS can help people to have more productive and fulfilling relationships. By understanding their own parts and the parts of others, people can learn to communicate more effectively and to resolve conflict in a healthy way.
If you are interested in learning more about IFS, there are a number of resources available online *OR* YOU CAN JOIN OUR CLASS ON AUGUST 17 WITH THERAPIST KEANU JACKSON: Sign Up Here
Here are some additional tips for using IFS to support your wellbeing:
- Be patient with yourself: IFS is a process, and it takes time to learn how to work with your parts. Don't get discouraged if you don't see results immediately.
- Find a qualified IFS therapist: If you are serious about using IFS, it is important to find a qualified therapist who can guide you through the process, beyond the informational introduction during the live group session.
- Practice self-compassion: IFS is all about being compassionate with yourself and your parts. When you make a mistake, don't beat yourself up about it. Instead, learn from your mistakes and move on.
- Be present: IFS is most effective when you are present with your parts and with yourself. When you are feeling overwhelmed, take a few deep breaths and focus on the present moment.
IFS is a powerful approach to healing and transformation. By learning to work with your parts, you can create a more balanced and peaceful life.
Stay in the know.
Sign up for our emails to find out about our monthly themes and new classes.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.